Why do you want to volunteer with this Project?
- I would like to help people as much as I can, that is my love, it
makes me feel like a better person, using the Internet to make the world a
better place just made it easier for me, to find my interest
- I want to volunteer with Impact Online because this site is really
helpful for many people. I know that there are many people that needs
volunteering that they can do at home online, and I'm willing to help them
as much as I can.
- I would like to utilize my interests and skills by assisting in the
volunteer community. I believe volunteering makes adifference in all lives
- I would like to do some virtual volunteering because I would really
like to do something involving the computer. I would like to volunteer
particularly with this organization because it was the one that helped
everyone else set up a virtual volunteering program.
- I had to quit my work as a disability rights attorney on account of a
chronic illess, and am no longer able to contribute through my work.
illness restricts me to work that can be completed when my varying energy
Doing the work on-line would maximize the available time by
saving time spent on travel.
- I want to help the community in some way a convenient way because of
my tight schedule.
- Because I like to volunteer and help people, but its easier to do it
- I want to volunteer with Impact Online because I commit myself, using
skills that I already have, to helping other people to find easier methods
- IOL has volunteering programs which are not available with some of the
other organizations that i volunteer for. Besides, if i am selected as a
volunteer for IOL this would be the first time i would be volunteering for
an organization on another coast.
- I think I can benefit your organization in many ways.
- I want to become a volunteer because it sounds very fun and rewarding.
I love helping people, and I'm very good at communicating with others. I'm
not shy at all, especially on the internet. I think using the internet to
help others is a great idea, and I would like to become involved in it very
much. i am very good at committing to things. I feel I am very qualified
to become a volunteer, and I can't wait to get started.
- I need to complete 150 hours of community service. I am a computer
tech support specialist and studying for MCSE+I. I am at the computer all
day at work and have time where I can surf the web, read, or work on web
pages while I'm waiting for my next call. I'd like to volunteer for your
project because I can use my professional skills while completeing the
required community service.
- I would really like to volunteer this summer and I really like the
- I have been interested in volunteering my time to an organization for
some time. I feel I have the skills that can benefit this project. I also
feel that by becoming involved with this project, I will be exposed to
others I may be interested in and could help.
- I am currently involved working for an NGO http://www.efc.be as IT support officer and
IT etc, I thus feel that my skills could be used productively for the
benefit of those who need it. I am also a Christian.
- I want to volunteer with this project because I would like to gain
practical experience with the computer aside from my personal use at home.
Additionally, I am planning on majoring in Computer Science and Graphics
design in college and believe that this volunteer project will be a great
opportunity for me.
- I am interested in volunteering for a project that has the same sort
of interest that i do.
- I'm interested in making a difference. When I've tried to volunteer in
the past, many organizations are looking for a person to actually be in the
office. The schedule I have with my career often makes it difficult to have
a set "9-5" time to volunteer. I feel that Virtual Volunteering would offer
the opportunity to make a difference, while allowing me to do the project(s)
outside of standard business hours.
- I would like to help non-profit agencies solve technical problems to
further their work.
- I want to volunteer online because I think it would be a new,
interesting way to help people out. My schedule is pretty busy, so I
thought this Project would be perfect for me to squeeze in some volunteering
time. Also, I've always wanted to write for some kind of newspaper or
newsletter, so I'd love to do that (for free) for Impact.
- A trip planned for the middle of summer complicates a work schedule,
but I would like to contribute in a meaningful way in what time I do
I feel that the Virtual Volunteering Project is a great way to do
this. I am a business major with a strong interest in marketing, and I think
the Project's needs are on target with what my interests are and what I can
- I am fascinated by the prospect of virtual volunteering, the future
prospects it brings to the feild of volunteering.
- Everyday I'm online checking my email, book marking interesting sites
on various subjects, and exploring ways of doing business on the
I'm particularly interested in developing my skills in online
research, developing web pages, writing and reviewing articles and books on
public speaking, internet marketing, shopping centre management and
marketing, and health related topics.
- I recently received my Master's degree in International Relations. My
interest in this field deals with human rights and conflict mediation. I
prefer this field of interest as I believe we should work to leave this
world a better place for our children and grandchildren. I truly possess a
desire to help people and make a difference.
- opportunity to commit time to worthwhile cause;
enthusiasm for learning all things web-related;
interest and current
involvement in systems and database design;
involvement (design, maintenance etc.)
- I have enjoyed volunteer work that I've done in the past. Scheduling
conflicts and time constraints make it difficult for me to pursue
traditional volunteerism. However, I think online volunteerism might work
for me. I'd like to try it out.
- I really want to help out, and I have many interrests, but I never
found an "easy" way to do it. I believe I have the computer skills and
determination to help many organizations.
- I am interested in this Project because I feel that it will give me an
opportunity to help others at a rather flexible schedule. I do spend quite
a bit of time online so I am ready and capable of volunteering. This
project might even help me better my communication skills.
- I enjoy helping people in any way I can.
- I ahve been working as a volunteer for years, but right now I cannot
fit any volunteer activity in my schedule, therefore I want to do it
- I enjoy volunteering with agencies that need help and don't have the $
to pay for it.
- Would like to be of service to the people and to the community
- i want to learn what kind of atmosphere(s) i work best in, meet new
people, discover my talents, and experience new opportunities.
- Give back something to the community. Work at home from my
- I would like to help out in a community project, and devote my spare
time to a worthy cause.
- I enjoy working with non-profit agencies (see www.serve.com/campcamp) and the
work helps me keep my skills current
- I have volunteered onsite for 2 years now, and am interested in
applying my skills to online volunteering. I also want to contribute my
skills to organizations that have a positive impact on my community - women,
children, seniors, disabled, etc. I also hope to learn new skills.
- I've always felt it's important to give of yourself, but I've had a
hard time finding the right opportunity. Lots of places I've called haven't
even called back (in months). I'd like to get involved on a regular basis
with an organization/person/group that has expressed a need for help.
- I want to do more work "for others" and I would like to do things I
feel I have more interest in these days, like Law or Database management.
- To be able to help someone, bring something new and exicting to an
elderly person, or someone who is unable to get out much.
Be able to
reserach on a topic I may not know much about, and therefore increase my
- I'm at a popint in my life where I want to do something worthwhile
with my time. My children are in college and notlilving at home and my job
is just a job.
I had volunteered when my kids were in school and found
working with the kids and helping them fulfill goals & dreams brought me
I want that again.
- I currently only work a few hours a week due to medical conditions
that priohibit me from working full time. I volunteer for the Big Sisters
of RI in Newport County and truly enjoy it. I am unable to have children
due to numerous medications I take daily. I have a college degree in
Elementary Education/Math/Psych and love research and working for the
"underdog". I am also on the internet daily. The premise of this program
seems to be something I would enjoy being a part of. I am truly dedicated
to helping children who need it. I look forward to hearing from you with my
- I have both a history of volunteerism and some knowledge of web
design, but I haven't used both together.
- I like to help people and have always wanted to volunteer for
something but never had enough time to travel to any onsite locations.
(I've just done some afterschool things in high school.) As a commuting
college student who doesn't bring her heavy books to class I end up with a
lot of time between classes with nothing to do but vegetate in a computer
lab. I would like to do something useful with that time.
- I want to volunteer because I enjoy helping people, and I enjoy
working with computers. This seemed like a perfect opportunity to use both
- I'm heavily involved with activities in my community, and I'd love to
be more involved.
- Hopefully I'll be able to help someone by volunteering here. That's
the main reason that I'm doing the -job- I am. However, as a member of the
Washington Service Corps, I am required to do some volunteering. This way I
can make sure that I volunteer and that I still have time for school and
- To help others in any way I can
- I like the the community work being performed by Mitsubishi Electric
America Foundation(MEAF) I am an employee of MEAF and would like to to help
for success of such an innovative project of Internet based volunteering.
- I have always wanted to volunteer. This interested me because of the
virtual volunteering option as I might have found volunteering onsite more
difficult to manage.
- In my current situation, Virtual Volunteering seems particularly
attractive to me. I've recently graduated from a Community College with an
Associate Degree in Computer Science. While temporarily unable to launch a
full-time career, I am eager to use my up-to-date skills in computer related
assignments. This Project gives me a great opportunity to use and develop
- Gain some experience from volunteering virtually.
- I am very interested in different and exiting uses of computers and
the internet. I have experience in general computing, web design, graphic
arts, programming, and writing. I am a full time student at the University
of South Florida majoring in Computer Science. I do not have a car at this
time, which makes it difficult to volunteer, thus virtual volunteering would
be perfect for my interests and availability.
- I am very interested in volunteering to help the community and enjoy
developing web pages. Volunteering virtually is an excellent way to develop
more skills in developing web pages and continue my support in the
- I want to have this background behind me for further jobs. I want the
experience this can give me.
- With an internet connection at home,I want to do more than just
surfing. I can do something new and rewarding too!
- I eventually want to do more to make an impact on children about
education and taking the opportunities offered. As a start I will help in a
- I like working with the computer. It's easier this way too, for me. I
don't have to go from place to place. And it wouldn't have to mess up my
schedule or anyone else's (people that has to drive me around). Also, I'm in
need of Community Service hours.
- I have two daughters that are teenagers and as they need my
supervision more now, I have a void during the day and late evening that i'd
like to give of myself to help someone that might need me.
- It seems interesting and I would like to help others. I am good with
computers and I would like to apply my knowledge to help others.
return to Index of Questions
Go to next question
return to Index of Message Archives